The Dhaka International School of Associations (DISA) was founded in 2001 by school administrators of select private independent schools in Dhaka, desiring to share ideas about contemporary educational issues
Objectives & Vision
.Statement of Objectives- DISA will
- Foster intercultural understanding and international friendship.
- Foster student participation in international affairs and exchanges.
- Promote student social, cultural and sporting activities.
- Strive to enhance the educational experience of young people resident in Bangladesh.
- Strive to improve quality of teaching and learning in all member schools.
- Promote a professional code of ethics for teachers and member schools.
- Promote the professional growth and welfare of teachers.
- Share professional development experiences with fellow member schools.
- Provide a forum for sharing educational concerns in order to seek and implement realistic solutions.
- Encourage a home school partnership for the benefit of young people.
- Facilitate and enhance communication and cooperation between students , parents and teachers of all member schools.
- Maintain contact with the Bangladesh educational authorities in order to clarify legislation relating to international schools.
- Cooperate with the organizations and individuals pursuing the same objectives as the association.
Member schools have the following features in common:
- The schools offer pre-School through Secondary programs.
- The medium of instruction is other than Bangla.
- We are international in nature, offering a global perspective within our curricula.
- We promote multi-cultural awareness.
- Our students and teachers may come from a number of nations.
- We encourage respect of the host country culture and language.
- Our governing body is independent.
- We offer an overseas curriculumtiam euismod porttitor diam, eget tristique lacus eleifend tincidunt. In hac habitasse platea dictumst.